Do I Qualify?
Lant Insurance Brokers' ability to offer low premiums is a direct result of our clients being some of the most responsible drivers on the road today. In order to continue to offer these very competitive rates, we must consider several important factors in the approval process:
- Usage - Our Hagerty Classic Car Insurance provides insurance coverage for vehicles used for hobby and/or collector car activities, and not used for regular transportation (i.e., shopping, vacation, business and to and from work).
- Security/Storage - Collector vehicles should be stored in a locked garage when not in use.
- Driving Records - In general, one or two minor traffic convictions or claims are acceptable. We cannot offer coverage to those who have experienced major convictions such as Impaired Driving, Careless/Dangerous Driving or Suspensions within the past 10 years. All operators must be fully licensed over 10 years. Note all household driving records are subject to review.
- Daily Vehicle Insurance - Every licensed driver must maintain a daily usage vehicle with insurance under his or her own name.
- Minimum Value - Collector vehicles must have a minimum "market" value of $7,500.
Sorry, We do not offer coverage for all vehicles.
Lant Insurance Brokers does not offer insurance for:
- Motorcycles, Trikes or All-Terrain Vehicles
- Any vehicles used in any type of racing activities (time trials, drifting, burnout competitions etc.)
- Any vehicles used for towing/hauling, camping, off-road or utility-type driving or commercial use
- Pro-street vehicles modified exclusively with racing equipment such as wheelie castors, parachutes etc. (show-use only vehicles may be given consideration)
- Tuners or any vehicles used in Stereo/Sound competitions or shows
- Any vehicle powered by Nitrous Oxide, Propane, Alcohol or Nitro Methane fuel systems
- Homemade or Handmade vehicles. Professionally built vehicles may be given consideration.
- Low riders
- Any right hand drive automobiles less than 25 years of age
- Any vehicle that is a replica of the 1963-1967 Shelby Cobra Roadster